12th exams have ended and now students faces the challenge of getting admission in better colleges. Most students who pass the class XII exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM) subjects opt for engineering. But in this sector, the students studying from the top institute get good jobs only. So in this blog we will talk about career option apart from engineering for PCM Students…
Engineering has long been preferred choice of career option for students. Most students whose opt Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM) subjects in the 12thclass, choose engineering. The admission in NIT and other private engineering colleges are given on the basis of JEE Main score, while JEE Advanced is required for admission in IIT. But due to the problems of the job in the last few years, the disruption of the students from engineering is going on. Students taking engineering degree from top institutions are only successful in getting a good job. In this case, students who can not get good grades in JEE Main can also choose other career options.
According to data released by the All India Council for Technical Education, 60% of the students studying in engineering colleges across the country could not get jobs after the course. So they have to opt job other engineering.
Students who pass 12th exam with physics, chemistry and maths can get good job by choosing other courses other than BE or BTech. Some of the courses in which you can get good jobs are Biotechnology, BSc Course in Computer Science and Food Technology.
Due to lack of jobs in engineering, the number of students applying for JEE Main which is now being held for admission in engineering colleges, is continuously decreasing.
Students who selected Arts stream have options like bank, railways, management, Journalism, Teaching. For those who choose a stream related to commerce, there are more possibilities in the courses like chartered accountancy, company secretaryship, cost and work accountancy, and market analyst. Apart from this, they can also opt for General Competition for Management, Teaching or Government Jobs.
Although even though such a large number of students are opted for engineering, the highest number of students to choose the Humanities at the Bachelor level. After this, there is a high proportion of students having a Bachelor Degree from Science.
· Computer Science: IT Sector, CS, Software Developer can opt for such options. There are alternatives like programmers, multimedia designing, network administration, and technology managers.
· Para Medical: Physiotherapy, speech therapy, audiology, nursing, orthodists, medical lab technology, nutritionists etc. can be selected.
· Biotechnology: You can choose options like Bio-Science, Botany, Zoologist, Biologist and Environmental Science.
· Food Technology: Food technology may be a better option for those interested in food and treasure. If you want, you can also opt for Home Science.
· Dairy Science: After 12th pass after passing the entrance exam on Student All India Basis, four year old graduates can enroll in Dairy Technology courses. Some institutes offer a two-year diploma course in dairy technology. An Environmental Science: Ecology, Disaster Management, Wild Life Management, Pollution Control are taught. There are good job opportunities.
· Micro Biology: BSc in Life Science or BSc can do these micro-biology courses.
· Water Science: This is the science connected to the surface of water. It has to study subjects like Hydroeconomirology, Hydro Geology, Drainage Basin Management, Water Quality Management, Hydroenformatics.
· Bachelor of Business Studies: BBS can enroll in undergraduate management program. This is an entrance test at All India level. English and mathematics topics are also required for admission in this.
· Bachelor of Financial and Investment Analysis: BFIA is a specialized course. In this, students are told about various aspects of finance.
· Bachelor of Business Economics: The curriculum focused on the economics used in the BB market. This is different from traditional economics honors in this sense.
· Shortcuts: A career in animations, graphic designing, astronomy, linguistics, aviation etc. These courses can also be done by doing studies or jobs.
· Physical Science: In this you can choose options like chemists, mathematician, astronomy, forensic science, geographer, geologist, operation researcher, statistician.
· Technical Writer: To become a Technical Writer, you must first make B.Sc. or B.Tech. Then you can do a technical writing course from any registered institution.
· Forest and Wild Life: If there is affection from forests and wildlife, then by selecting the option of forest and wildlife after 12th, they can find employment in wildlife conservation or related sectors.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
Senior Editor and Content Creator at BSEBPortal.com. Loves to write update and authentic and Updated content from the field of Education.