JEE Main 2020 (January): NTA has released the application form of JEE Mains January Exam 2020. The application form for JEE Mains 2020 January Exam will be filled online on the official website of JEE Mains from 02 September 2019. The online application form filling process will end on 30 September 2019. Registered candidates can pay the fee till 1st week of October. The NTA JEE Mains Exam 2020 January will be conducted from 06 Jan 2020 to 11 Jan 2020. The exam will be conducted in Online Mode (CBT). JEE Mains exam is conducted by NTA to provide admission in B.Tech / B.E / B.Arch / B.Plan admission in 31 NIT, 25 IIITs, and 28 GFTIs. Get all the details about NTA JEE Mains January Exam 2020, Registration, application, eligibility criteria, exam date, registration process, syllabus and all details from this post.
JEE Main January Exam 2020
JEE Main January Exam 2020 is scheduled to be conducted in Online CBT Mode from 06 Jan 2020 to 11 Jan 2020. The exam will be take in Online Mode. The registration for January Exam 2020 of JEE Mains will commence from 02 September 2019. The Online registration for JEE Mains Jan Exam 2020 will end on 30 September 2019.
|Events of JEE Main 2020||Dates (Announced)|
|Information brochure releasing on||August 2019|
|Release of application form from||02 September 2019|
|Last date of Application form submission||30 September 2019|
|Last date for Fee submission||1st week of October 2019|
|Application correction start date||1st week of October 2019|
|Application correction End date||last week of October 2019|
|Admit card release date||06 Dec 2019|
|Paper 1 Exam Date of JEE Main 2020||06 – 11 January 2020|
|Paper 2 Exam Date of JEE Main 2020||2nd week of January 2020|
|Answer Key Release||3rd week of January 2020|
|Result Declaration||31 January 2020|
Official Notification of NTA for JEE Main 2020 Exam Date
NTA has released the official notification for JEE Mains January and April Exam 2020. Have a look.
About JEE (Main) – 2020
The JEE (Main)-2019 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking. The first attempt of JEE (Main) – 2020 will be held in January, 2020 whereas the second attempt will be held in April, 2020. The test will be held on different shifts/dates in both the attempts. The NTA will release the application form of JEE (Main)-2020 for the first attempt in September, 2019 and for the second attempt in February, 2020. The result of the first attempt of JEE (Main)-2020 will be declared by 31st January, 2020 and for the second attempt by 30th April, 2020.
Mode of Examination
JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted in the following mode:
- Paper-1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning): Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet.
Eligibility for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2020
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2020. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in both January, 2020 and April, 2020 JEE (Main)-2020 Examination. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)– 2020.
JEE Main January Exam 2020 Application Form
The Application form for JEE Mains January Exam 2020 will be filled in Online Mode. The registration window for Online Application form will start from 2 September 2019 and will end on 30th September 2019.
- Read the “Instructions and Procedure for Online Submission of Application Form of JEE (Main) 2020”.
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint with the requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
- Follow following 4 (Four) Steps to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number
- Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb–200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make payment of fee using SBI_MOPS and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four print out of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- All the 4 Steps can be done together and separately also.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus PDF
Click Here to Download JEE Mains 2020 Syllabus.
For Paper I (B.E/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||90 questions||360 marks|
For Paper II (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||82 questions||390 marks|
|Papers||Category FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED||Application Fee|
|In India||Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.500Girls – Rs.250||Boys – Rs.2000Girls – Rs.1000|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.250Girls – Rs.250||Boys – Rs.1000Girls – Rs.1000|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.900Girls – Rs.450||Boys – Rs.3000Girls – Rs.1500|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.450Girls – Rs.450||Boys – Rs.1500Girls – Rs.1500|