PPU PH.D. Admission Test (PAT) 2020- Patliputra University PH.D Entrance Exam (PAT) Date, Result, Seats, Eligiblity
PPU PH.D. Admission Test (PAT) 2020: Patliputra University (PPU) has invited online application for admission in the PhD programme. The admission to PhD Course in PPU will be provided on the basis of Marks scored in PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020. The official notification regarding PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 has been released on the official website of the PPU i.e ppup.ac.in. Those candidates who want to pursue a PH.D course at Patliputra University can fill the online application for PPU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020. The online application for PPU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 will start from 8th December 2019. The Last date to fill the online Application for PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 is 22nd December 2019. Candidates can also fill the online application form with a late fine of Rs 500 from 23rd December 2019 to 25 December 2019. The PPU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on 9 January 2020. Get all the information regarding the Patliputra University Ph.D. Admission Test 2020 from the below page.
Patliputra University (PPU) Ph.D Admission Test 2020
The online registration for PPU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 has been started from 8th December 2019. Candidate can submit the online application form for PPU PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020 till 22nd December 2019. Candidates can also fill the online application form with a late fine of Rs 500 from 23rd December 2019 to 25 December 2019. The proposed date for PPU PhD Admission Test is 9 Jan 2020.
PPU Ph.D Admission Test 2020 (PAT)- Important Dates
Get berief information about some of the important dates of PPU PH.D Admission Test (PAT) 2020 from the table given below.
|Start of submission of Online Form||8th December 2019|
|Last date of submission of Online Form||22nd December 2019|
|Last date of submission of Online Form with a late fine of Rs. 500/-||23rd December 2019 to 25th December 2019|
|Availability of the Admit card||January 2020|
|Entrance/ Admission Test Date||9 January 2020|
PPU Ph.D Admission Test (PAT) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently-abled categories of candidates.
- A candidate shall be permitted to pursue research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree.
Note: Appearing candidates are not eligible for Ph. D. Admission Test (PAT)-2020
Exemptions from the written Test of Ph.D Admission Test (PAT) 2020
Those candidates who fulfill the following criteria will be exempted from appearing PPU PhD Admission Test PAT 2020:-
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship /scholarship /associateship etc. by qualifying UGC NET/ CS!R NET/GATE/MI IRD Scholarships/ Teacher Fellowship/OBT/ICMRACAR/DST-INSPIRE/CSSIR, ICHR etc.
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professor and Professor who has been appointed on substantive post and the UGC pay scale in the Teaching departments or the University or a constituent college of the University who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed in self-financed courses will not be exempted from the Test.
- Non-teaching employee of the University, who are holding substantive appointment for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Master’s degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journal or journals identified by the UGC would be considered wider this category.
- Note:- Candidates, who are exempted from the written test of Ph. D. Admission Test (PAT)-2020, have to submit their application online with the payment of the required fee.
PPU Ph.D Admission Test 2020 Exam Pattern
- Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT)-2020 is a written test comprising of two papers of 100 marks each.
- Paper-I (100 Marks)- shall comprise of objective/ multiple type questions form general and research aptitude.
- Paper-II (100 Marks)- subjective/objective type in the subject concerned based on the syllabus of Post-Graduate courses of Patliputra University.
- Interview-(20 Marks)- It is mandatory for the applicants, who have qualified the written test and those exempted from the written test, to appear before the interview Board.
Passing Marks for PPU PhD Admission Test 2020
The minimum marks to qualify the written test will be as follows:
- For General Candidates:- 50% of the aggregate marks
- For Reserved Category Candidates:- 45% of the aggregate marks.
Note:- 1. The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test and the interview combined together.
2. Seats shall be allotted as per the availability of vacancies and against the reservation norms
PPU PhD PAT 2020 Question Paper Pattern
The pattern of Question Papers and syllabus
- Paper-I:- Multiple Type Questions
- Number of questions- 50
- Duration of Examination– 1 Hour
- No negative marking for wrong answer
- Examination will be conducted on OMR sheet.
- Students are not allowed to take the question booklet with them.
- Paper 2:- Subjective.
- Duration of Examination- 2 Hours
- Based on the syllabus of the Post-Graduate Courses of the University.
- The paper will be divided into three Groups.
- Marks distribution:-
- Group A- 30 Marks- 5×6=30
- Group B-40 Marks-4×10=40
- Group C- 30 Marks- 2×15=30
- Group A- Total eight short answer type questions to be set out of which five are to be answered (expected length of each answer- 150 words approximately)
- Group B- Total seven questions to be set of which four are to be answered (expected length of each answer- 200 words approximately)
- Group C- Total four questions to be set of which two are to be answered (expected length of each answer 500 words approximately).
- The candidates are directed to answer questions in sequential order.
PPU Ph.D Admission Test 2020 (PAT) Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper-I-(General and Research Aptitude Test) Brief outline of the topics to be covered in paper- I
|No.||Topics||No. of questions||Marks||Syllabus level|
|1||Research Aptitude||10||20||Mentioned below|
|2||Language Aptitude||10||20||High School level|
|3||Logical Reasoning||05||10||High School level|
|4||Numerical Ability||05||10||High School level|
|6||Environment and Sustainability||10||20||Mentioned below|
|7||Computer and Information and Communication Technology||05||10||Mentioned below|
- Research Aptitude:
- Meaning, aitns, nature and scope of research
- Prerequisites of Research
- Typos of research: Fundamental or Pure research, Applied research
- Research Problem: Meaning of research problem, Sources of research problem,
- Characteristics of a good research problem
- Methods of research
- Research proposal or synopsis
- Ethics in Research
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data
- Mapping of data: Representation and Interpretation of graphs
Environment and Sustainability:
- Sources of Air, Water and Soil Pollutions and their Mitigation, Noise Pollution
- Global Warming, Ozone depletion and Acid rain
- Current environmental issues and movements in India: Chipko
- Movement, Silent valley, Nannada Darn, Tehri Dam, Almetti Darn etc
- Paris Convention, Montreal Protocol etc.
- Global Environmental Movements: Biodiversity Conservation and Agenda 21,
Computer and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Awareness
- General Abbreviation and Terminology of Computers and ICT
- Meaning, Advantages, Uses and Risks of Digitization Basics of Internets
This test comprising the following subjects, look at the below:
- Faculty of Humanities – Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Maithili, Arabic, Persian, Philosophy, Music
- Faculty of Social Sciences– History, Pol. Science, Home Science, A.I.H, & Archaeology, Sociology,
- Economics, Psychology, P.M. & IR
- Faculty of Science – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Geology, Mathematics, Statistics
- Faculty of Commerce – Commerce
- Faculty of Law – Law
- Faculty of Education – Education
Syllabus for Paper-II Subject-specific test
subjective type in the subject concerned based on the syllabus (excluding elective papers) of the post-graduate courses of Patliputra University, Patna.
PPU Ph.D Admission Test 2020 (pat) Application Form
PPU has released the online application form for the PPU Ph.D. Pat 2020 exam on the official website of PPU. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria for PPU Ph.D PAT 2020 can fill the online application form on the official website. The online application for PPU Ph.D PAT Test 2020 will be accepted from 8 Dec 2019.
Seats available for admission in Ph.D Programme 2020 in PPU
|Faculty of Social Science||No Of Seats|
|Faculty of Science||No Of Seats|
|Faculty of Humanities||No. of seats|
|Faculty of Commerce||No. of Sets|